In 1419, the village was already known as Hal Safi. According to the records of the Standing Army, in 1419, between eighty and ninety people were considered as village residents. The main occupation of the major part of the residents was farming especially breeding sheep, goats and agriculture.
Besides, when doubting why the village was named Safi, an exact answer cannot be given. But famous Historians concluded that the name was derived from the PURE (Safi) AIR of the village. Others insisted that the village was named Safi since none of its residents was contaminated when an epidemic infected the whole country. Both its coat of arms (a horizontal light-blue stripe on silver background) and its motto (Sine Macula) emphasis the origin of its name.